Ultimate Starter Kit provides all of the items required to make a knife from start to finish!
- You will be able to grind/sand any blade material (Damascus, high carbon, stainless as well as many others) – regardless of hardness. Our Firestorm II Ceramic belts have become our #1 seller. They utilize a self-sharpening grain technology that prevents them from dulling, even under the most demanding applications, as a result, you will find that you don’t have to push as hard to keep them cutting! They also have a grinding aid which helps reduce the heat. They can be used wet or dry.
- You will be able to create an extremely sharp edge with the Blue Film belt.
- Our Felt belt can be used with or without compound. It is a great alternative to a leather stropping belt to remove the microscopic burs.
- Our Surface Conditioning belts will apply a soft satin finish.
- The Scallop Edge Belts will work great on all handle materials and the scallop will prevent the edge of the belt from “digging in”. 1 x 72 are the most common size (still fits a 2 x 72 grinder). We also offer 2 x 72 Scalloped Edge.
- The belt cleaning stick will remove most clogged handle materials and make the belt perform like new. (NOTE: Does not effectively remove clogged METAL from the belt)
Ultimate Starter Kit Contains: 23 pieces of our most popular knife making items.
- Firestorm II Ceramic Belt 1 of each: 36, 60, 80, 120
- Blue J-Flex Ceramic Belt 1 of each: 180, 220
- Green J-Flex A/O Belt 1 of each: 320, 400, 600 & 800 (brown)
- Blue Film A/O Belt 1 of each: 1200
- Felt Polishing Belt 1 of each: Felt
- Surf. Cond. Belt 1 of each: Blue (AO-Very Fine), Gray (SC-Super Fine)
- Scallop Edge Belt (1 x 72”) 2 of each: 120, 220, 400, 600
- Belt Cleaning Stick 1 of each: 2 x 2 x 12”
This was a great beginner kit. It really gives you a variety of belts that enables you to get and idea what type of belts best fit your style. They track very true in both directions.
Peter Pracilio –
36 grit Firestorm + surface conditioning + film belt – all so good and great savings. I have found these to be the best ( long lasting ) belts offered out there and shipping was super quick. Will be ordering again soon.
Bob McKeown –
WOW – what a great belt collection – the ceramic firestorm belt eats up the metal!!! The belt cleaning stick does a fantastic job removing material.
Highly recommend this kit